Security Issues Project
PUBLICATIONS BY RONALD BLEIER
(Hard copy publications are indicated by numbered parenthesis.)
44. (18) "9/11, An Inside Job?: A Review Essay based on David Ray Griffin’s research." Left Curve, April 2006 http://www.leftcurve.org/LC30WebPages/9.11InsideJob.html
44. "Webster Tarpley and Rogue Networks," February 2006. The invisible government is not separate from the Bush, Rove, Cheney and Rumsfeld clique. http://desip.igc.org/WebsterT.html
43. WTC-7: the 9/11 Smoking Gun? March 2005. Argues that if Building 7 was by means of controlled demolition, so were the Twin Towers. If the Towers were destroyed by controlled demolition than Osama Bin Laden wasn’t responsible.
42. (17) "Sharon’s Disengagement Charade: A Screen for Oppression" Left Curve , No. 29 [April 2005, (January 2005)] The title says it all. http://desip.igc.org/SharonsDisengagement.html
41."November 2, 2004. A Black Day." Details some of the horrors we can expect. November 4, 2004 http://usa.mediamonitors.net/headlines/a_black_day
40. "Sharon’s Phony Disengagement" June 2004. Argues that none of the Jewish settlements in Gaza will be removed. http://desip.igc.org/desip/Sharon'sPhonyDisengagement.html
39. "The Sacred Cow of Immigration," Letter, New York Times, July 6, 2004. http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E6D7143DF935A15754C0A9629C8B63
38. "Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11: A glancing blow at Bush" -- a review. July 2004. http://desip.igc.org/moores911.html
37. "The Mideast: A Widening Circle of Violence" November 2003. http://desip.igc.org/MidESpNov03_2c.html
36. "World Watch and Population Issues," Letter, World Watch, September/October 2003.
35. "A Pro Al Qaeda Syrian Policy?" August 2003 The Bush administration, in step with Israeli goals, pressures Syria despite its help in the war on terror. http://desip.igc.org/ProAl-Qaeda-SyrianPolicy.html
34. (16) "In the Beginning, There Was Terror," The Link, July-August, 2003, Volume 36, Issue 3. A selected history of Israeli terror based on Livia Rokach’s Israel’s Sacred Terror. PDF version: http://www.ameu.org/uploads/vol36_issue3_2003.pdf ; Html version: http://desip.igc.org/InTheBeginning.html
33. Capsule reviews on Amazon.com
a. "An Arab-English Hybrid," review of In Search of Fatima: A Palestinian Story by Ghada Karmi, December 2002.
b. Brenner Documents Zionism," June 2003. review of 51 Documents: Zionist Collaboration with the Nazis, by Lenni Brenner
32. "Invading Iraq: Converging U.S. and Israeli Agendas," April 2003 argues that the Iraq war is motivated by the twin agendas of supporting Israeli dominance in the Middle East and the Bush administration's neocon agenda for permanent war. It is NOT primarily a war for oil because such a war, however misguided and immoral, would have the fundamentally rational goal of securing vital resources. Rather the war is ideologically propelled by a messianic belief in America’s mission. http://desip.igc.org/ConvergingAgendas.html
31. (15) "Invading Iraq: The Road to Perpetual War," Middle East Policy, December 2002, Vol IX, Number 4. http://desip.igc.org/PerpetualWar.html
30. "No Laughing Matter, June 2002. Scott Simon’s enforced hilarity on NPR’s Weekend Edition. http://desip.igc.org/NoLaughingMatter.html .
29. (14) "Sharon Gears Up for Expulsion" Between the Lines, (Jerusalem) Vol II, #13, February 2002. http://desip.igc.org/SharonGearsUp.html
28. "A Signal to Iraq," Letter, New York Times (6), February 12, 2002. Noted that President Bush is making clear that he has indeed decided to attack Iraq and Secretary Powell is on board.
27. "Sharon’s Chance," Letter, Middle East International, #662, 9 November 2001. Argues that Sharon’s Zionist goal of ethnic cleansing has not changed: that he is maneuvering and biding his time until he or his successor can implement another bout of mass expulsion.
26. "A Missile Shield: Feat or Folly," Letter, New York Times, August 10, 2001, stresses right-wing ideological motivation which has war fighting rather than U.S. and international security as the highest priority.
25. "Malthus also warned about exponential growth," Letter, New York Times, June 11, 2001. Re a Times op ed pointing out that an energy policy stressing the supply side is doomed to fail by the numbers.
24. (13) "The Next Expulsion of the Palestinians: One Step Closer?" Middle East Policy, March 2001, Vol VIII, No 1, pp. 89-93. http://desip.igc.org/TheNextExpulsion.html
23. (12) "Challenging the Official Version," Book review of Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict by Norman G. Finkelstein. Middle East Policy, November 1999, Vol VII, No 1, pp. 195-200. http://desip.igc.org/ImageReview.html
22. "Malthus understood checks on population," Letter, New York Times, September 21, 1999. Corrects a common misunderstanding about the famous political economist.
21. "Edward Said rebuts charges by Jonathan Weiner". Letter, The Jewish Voice and Opinion, October 1999.
20. (11) "Will Nile Water Go to Israel? North Sinai Pipelines and the Politics of Scarcity," Middle East Policy, Vol. V, No. 3, September 1997, pp. 113-124. Argues that the infrastructure for water delivery from the Nile to Israel is virtually in place, the need in Israel is clear and the forces promoting the diversion should be seen in terms of the history of Israeli diversions of Arab waters.
19. "Feeding the Population Monster," March 1997. A review essay based on World War III: Population and the Biosphere At the End of the Millennium, (1994) by Michael Tobias. http://desip.igc.org/Monster.html
18. "World's Population Is Growing Less Fast"; Letter, New York Times, June 7, 1996. Cites U.S. Census Bureau statistics that indicate annual world population growth at almost 80 million.
17. (10) Book review of Homeland: Oral Histories of Palestine and Palestinians, by Lynd, Bahour and Lynd (eds.) Middle East Policy, March 1996, pp. 180-184. http://desip.igc.org/HomelandsReview.html
16. "Will Israel Lose Water," An exchange of letters with Mark Langfan on the water provisions of the Israeli-Jordanian and Israeli-Palestinian agreements. The Jewish Voice and Opinion, November 1995.
15. (9) "Arabs and Israel for Beginners," book review of Ron David's book of the same name. Middle East Policy, Volume III, 1994, Number 3, pp. 170-173. http://desip.igc.org/ArabsAndIsrael.html
14.. "Zionism's Population Politics," Letter, The Forward, 23 September 1994. Takes issue with Forward editorial which contended that since overpopulation was not a problem in Israel, it followed that the Cairo Conference on Population had it wrong by arguing that overpopulation was a problem anywhere in the world.
13. (8) "Rabin and the Settlers," Lies of Our Times, April 1994, pp. 20-22. Argues that Rabin and the settlers are on the same side.
12. (7) "Israel's Theft of Arab Water: An Obstacle to Peace," Middle East Labor Bulletin, Spring 1994, pp. 3-4. Gives some details of how it came to be that 50% of the water Israel uses comes from sources that belong to the Arabs. http://desip.igc.org/TheftOfWater.html
11. (6) "The Money Machine," a review of Ari Ben-Menashe's Profits of War: Inside the Secret U.S.-Israeli Arms Network, Middle East Policy, Vol II, No. 3 [Winter] 1993-94, pp. 169-172. http://desip.igc.org/Rev_ProfitsOfWar.html
10. (5a) "Rabin and the Peace Talks," Sidebar in "Israeli Aggression on Lebanon. Not!" by Nabeel Abraham, Lies of Our Times October 1993, p. 7. Covers the period up to August 1993 -- and sadly, after, as well.
9. The Road That Never Returns: Loss Impotence and Despair in some of the work of Darwish and Kanafani, July 1993. http://desip.igc.org/DarwishAndKanafani.html
8. "History," Letter, In These Times, May 31-June 13, 1993. 1948 Expulsions of Palestinians, Labor's Enclaves Policy in the occupied territories, more.
7. "Blaming the Victims," Letter, Village Voice, April 20, 1993. Focus on 1967 expulsions of Palestinians from the Occupied Territories.
6. (5) "The 1948 Arab Invasion of Israel Deconstructed," Lies of Our Times, February 1993, pp. 21-23. Uses Israeli writer David Grossman's article in the New York Times Magazine as a jumping off point to argue that the Arab invasion was not what Zionist ideology would have us believe. http://desip.igc.org/The48ArabInvasionDeconstructed.html
5. "Media Coverage of Bosnia," Letter, Extra! January/February 1993. Complaint about an article in previous issue by Dusan Djordjevich which seemed to play down Serbian atrocities in Bosnia.
4. "Alone Among My Peers at my Yeshiva University High School Reunion," The Washington Report on Middle East Affairs, November 1992, pp. 45-46. Political autobiography of the author. Mentions Yeshiva training, Peace Corps service in Iran and some steps in the process of evolving to an anti-Zionist position. http://desip.igc.org/AloneAmongMyPeers.html
3) "Has Bush Sold Out the Palestinians?" In These Times, September 2-15, 1992, p. 2. Not as dated as the title might indicate. Argues that under pressure of the 1992 election campaign, Bush removed all U.S. strictures against settlement building; and argues that Rabin has no plan to curtail most settlement building.
(2) "A Tale of Two Cemeteries," Lies of Our Times, June 1992, pp. 17-19. Based on a New York Times article on Jewish fundamentalist protest in Germany to point out that a Palestinian cemetery near Tel Aviv was paved over and no notice was taken here.
(1) "Snow and Scuds in Israel," Lies of Our Times, March 1992, pp. 3-4. Argues that the Times is not above dramatizing a few cases of Israeli trauma while ignoring the pain and suffering that most Palestinians suffer in their everyday lives.