by Ronald Bleier
by Others and Links
The Iraq War
To DESIP Bookstore: Middle East
By Ronald Bleier:
- A list of Ronald Bleier's published writings
- Obama Oversees Endless War in Syria (June 2014)
- Alone Among My Peers (revised 2012)
- Attacking Iran: Israel, the Lobby or Obama?. (2012)
- Who Killed the Fogels?. (2011)
- Abridgement of Ilan Pappe's, Neo-Zionists Recapture 1948 Historiography , (2009)
- Summary of Walid Khalidi's Reconquering Palestine, (2009)
- The Israel Lobby, the Grassroots and the Radical Bush-Cheney Regime, July 2007
- FDR, Gruber and me: Zionists stymie WWII rescue plan, September 2006
- “The Israeli Palestinian Conflict and the Spread of Empire and Desolation,” A talk presented in San Jose, Costa Rica, January 2005.
- The Mideast: A Widening Circle of Violence, by Ronald Bleier (November 2003)
- The 1948 Arab Invasion of Israel Deconstructed , Lies of Our Times, February 1993
- A Pro Al-Qaeda Syrian Policy?
- In the Beginning there was Terror (html) in The Link vol 36, issue 3 (PDF)
- War Against Iraq: Converging U.S. and Israeli Agendas by Ronald Bleier
"War Against Iraq" argues that the Bush administrations war against Iraq is motivated by the twin agendas of supporting Israeli dominance in the Middle East and the Bush administration's agenda for permanent war. Highly placed hawks like Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz have for years advocated regime change in Iraq as a way of securing their militaristic program by means of advancing Israels regional goals.
The article argues that the war against Iraq is NOT primarily a war for oil because such a war, however misguided and immoral, would have the fundamentally rational goal of securing coveted resources. Rather the war against Iraq is ideologically propelled by a messianic belief in Americas mission. Similarly this is not a war in the service of imperialism which would otherwise use more circumspect, less aggressive means, but is rather a race toward world war and Armageddon.
- Invading Iraq: The Road to Perpetual War (October 2002)
- The Shahak Files
- "Israeli Grab of Jordanian Territory" + current implications by R. Bleier April 2002.
- "Ehud Barak--Utterly mendacious and viciously Anti-Arab (1993)
- Sharon Gears Up for Expulsion January, 2002
- Sharon Routs Bush. Palestinians now vulnerable to expulsion, August 2001
- The Next Expulsion of Palestinians: One Step Closer?, January 2001
The Next Expulsion of Palestinians: One Step Closer? translated into Arabic by Ghassan Ghosn (PDF file). The introduction by Ghassan Ghosn in English
- Challenging the Official Version: a review of Norman G. Finkelsteins Image and Reality of the Israel-Palestine Conflict.
- Letter Re: Supposed Israeli Withdrawl from Lebanon (to Middle East International)
- Letter to Atlantic Monthly Re: Algerian Massacres
- Ostrovsky: Shabak Conspiracy Eliminated Rabin August, 1998
- Will Nile Water Go To Israel?: North Sinai Pipelines And The Politics Of Scarcity
Part 1 and Part 2.
- Review of Ron David's Arabs and Israel for Beginners
- Letter to the Forward re Boutros Ghali editorial
- Letter to the New York Times re Boutros Ghali
- Letter: Times Blames the Victim in Lebanon (letter to the NY Times)
- Essay: The Road That Never Returns: Loss, Impotence and Despair in some of the work of Darwish and Kanafani
- Israel's Appropriation of Arab Water: An Obstacle to Peace
- Socialist Scholars Conference Panel on Mideast: Introductory Remarks
- Palestinian Mayors Dismissed by Israelis
- The Money Machine- Review of Ari Ben-Menashe's Profits of War: Inside the Secret U.S.-Israeli Arms Network
- On Edward Said's "The Mirage of Oslo"
- Alone Among My Peers at my Yeshiva University High School Reunion
- Fiction: Death of an Angel
- Reflections On Bosnia
- Review of Homeland: Oral Histories of Palestine and Palestinians
- Letter to Nation Magazine re Fisk on Middle East
- Friedman Charges Stephen Emerson with Intellectual Terrorism
For details on Emerson, his lies and his methods, see these websites:
- The Jewish Foward: Terror Expert Emerson Feels His Own Heat Over Finances (11.17.10)
- By Others and Links:
- Abridgement of Ilan Pappe, Neo-Zionists Recapture 1948 Historiography , (2009)
- Summary of Walid Khalidi's Reconquering Palestine, (2009)
- Israel Shahak: Jewish History, Jewish Religion (complete book)
- Israel Shamir's website
- Great Britain, the Jews and Palestine (1936) by Samuel Landman
- On the Orgins of the Balfour Declaration (April 2007) by Nicholas Lysson
- Holocaust and Holodomor (April 2007) by Nicholas Lysson
- Damage Control: Noam Chomsky and the Israel-Palestine Conflict, Jeffrey Blankfort
- Canada Palestine support network
- Encyclopedia of the Palestine Problem
- Chronology of Events in the Middle East 1908 - 2003
- Hanini's Palestinian web site
- Palestine Monitor
- Beit Selem link to the Wall
- Gush Shalom on the Wall
- 1967 Israeli Arab War David Paul, "Prelude to the June War: Israel's Aggression Against Syria 1949-1967," (undated, 1995?)
- David Paul: "How War Came [in 1967]: The Motives and Maneuverings Behind Israel's Attack," (undated, 1985?)
- Stephen S. Rosenfeld, "Israel and Syria: Correcting the Record [about shelling from the Golan Heights]," December 1999.
- Salman Abu Sitta, “Traces of Poison –Israel’s Dark History Revealed: Israeli Use of Biological and Chemical Warfare in 1947-48.” Ahram Weekly Issue No. 627 February 2003.
- If Americans Knew -- what Americans should know about Israel/Palestine
- No War For Israel: a treasure trove of information
- Mark Twain quoted out of context on Palestine
- Home page of Alfred Lilienthal, an outspoken anti-Zionist
- Lilienthal: (1983) Zionist letter bombs: From: The Zionist Connection II:What Price Peace? Ch X Terror: The Double Standard
- Lilienthal (1953) Zionist pressure on Roosevelt and Truman to refuse sanctuary to refugees.
- Patrick Seale: Review essay: "A Costly Friendship," July 2003
- McGhee on Truman/Refugees
- The Israel Lobby and the Left: Uneasy Questions
By Jeffrey Blankfort, April 2000
- Doubt and certainty: The Tel Aviv Disco Bombing of June 2001
by Israel Shamir
- Norberts Links to a better world: Israel and Palestine
- Palestine Remembered: The home of expelled Palestinians
- Truth, Justice and Human Rights in the Middle East
- A Secular Democratic State in Historic Palestine: An Idea Whose Time Has Come? by Ghada Karmi
Between the Lines, (Jerusalem) October 2002
- The Dark Web Pages of Zionism
- Incarceration or Transfer: The Post-Incursion Plan by Jeff Halper
- Jewish Friends of Palestine
- Tanweer Akram reviews Tanya Reinhart's Israel/Palestine: How to End the War of 1948, November 2002
- T. Akram reviews N. G. Finkelstein on the Holocaust Industry, June 2002
- Pictures of the expulsion of the Palestinians in 1948 and unpublished explanations by Salman Abu Sitta.
- An illustrated presentation of Jewish Settlement Activity in Palestine
- Extensive site on Zionism by dozens of Jewish and other authors.
- Al Nakba, the Palestinian catastrophe. Includes chronology, destroyed villages, Photo Gallery, etc.
- Links to UN and Palestinian Organizations
- Water and Conflict
A web site with a main focus on the Israeli Palestinian water conflict
Views on Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, etc. Fiery, but free of jargon. Features a Hall of Fame and a Hall of Shame.
- The Dheisheh Refugee Camp in Occupied Palestine near Bethlehem on the West Bank. Their web site provides related information including a list of martyrs and information about them.
- al-Nakbah The home page of "The Catastrophe" (al-Nakbah) with links to the chronology of the events of the late 40s, destroyed villages and other useful information.
- Diving With a Splash by Muna Hamzeh-Muhaisen, A Palestinian View of the Drought
- Checkpoint Jerusalem by Muna Hamzeh-Muhaisen, Jerusalem Quarterly File Issue 5, 1999, Institute of Jerusalem Studies
- The Limits of Revisionist Imagination by Rebecca Luna Stein, books reviewed, from MERIP
- Social, Political Factors Driving Up Gaza Suicide Rate by Asya Abdul Hadi, from the Palestine Report, May 2, 1997
- Gaza Water Crisis Worsening by Asya Abdul Hadi from the Palestine Report, MAY 16 1997, Vol. 2 No. 49
- Aronson: Sharon Key to New Settlement Drive
- Palestine Report - WBAI Radio - Israeli Settlement Building
- Peace When? Jay Murphy reviews Said, Aruri, Benvenisti (1996), three books on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Sarid: No Palestinian Pickles Allowed
- Cockburn On Finkelstein's New Book
- Undeveloping Gaza
- Liberty Link On June 8, 1967, the third day of the 1967 war, Israeli air and naval forces attacked the USS Liberty, an intelligence (spy) ship, killing 34 and wounding 171. James Ennes, an officer on board, author of Assualt on the Liberty, has created the award winning web site in order to present information about the attack.
- Said: Arafat Rejects Carter Offer to Recognize the PLO
- Algerian Regime Responsible for Massacres: Algeria regime 'was behind Paris bombs' by John Sweeney and Leonard Doyle
- Birzeit University, the most important Palestian university on the West Bank. Hosting Birzeit's Complete Guide to Palestine's Websites
- The Americans for Peace and Justice APJ project "is committed to promoting a just and lasting political settlement in the Middle East based on traditional American ideals of self-determination, human rights, democracy, and adherence to international law."
- LAW- The Palestinian Society for the Protection of Human Rights and the Environment
- Truth and Justice in the Middle East - Exposing injustices by Israel against Palestinians, media issues and more.
- Challenge- A bi-monthly Jerusalem magazine on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- Peacenet's Mideast Resources on the Web
- Committee on the Middle East
- Washington Report on Middle East Affairs
- "Collecting Stories From Exile: Chicago Palestinians Remember 1948" describes daily life prior to the war, fleeing the fighting, and their life in exile.
A new video available from AFSC; send $20 to:
AFSC Middle East Program
59 E.Van Buren, #1400
Chicago, IL 60605
- The Iraq War
- The DESIP Bookstore: Middle East